How to send money to an inmate in TDC

I just sent this information to one of the visitors to the blog, and I thought it might be good information to share with everyone. It’s one of those questions that come up when all of a sudden you learn that your loved one is being sent to TDC. Just how do you help them out? Well visits and letters are important. But, the truth is, getting a little money in your commissary can make your life in TDC a whole lot easier. Buying some hygiene items and food of your own is a very good thing while you are incarcerated. Not to mention stamps and writing paper.

They are making it easier and easier to send money to an inmate. You have some choices. You can mail a money order to TDC or you can do it online or at a couple of places in several ways. Here is what you need to know about it, straight from the TDCJ website.


MONEY ORDERS or CASHIER’S CHECKS made payable to made payable to “Inmate Trust Fund for Offender Name and TDC Number
1. Obtain the deposit slips from inmates themselves, or by sending a self addressed, stamped envelope to Inmate Trust Fund, PO Box 60, Huntsville, Texas 77342-0060 with the name and TDC Number of the inmate you want to deposit to.
2. Send the deposit and completed deposit slip to Inmate Trust Fund, PO Box 60, Huntsville, Texas 77342-0060

1. Complete an ACH authorization form (Click HERE for the form!) and have a set amount automatically debited from a personal checking account once each month for deposit to a specified offender
2. Attach a voided check on the account to be debited
3. Debit transaction will occur on the 5th of each month
4. Submit form with voided check to Inmate Trust Fund, PO Box 60, Huntsville, Texas 77342-0060
5. This is a free service provided by TDCJ

JPAY allows you to send money to an offender for a service fee. Visit their web site at or call 1.800.574.5729 to send funds using Visa or MasterCard credit/debit card. Senders can make cash deposits at any MoneyGram location nationwide using an Express Payment form and using RECEIVE CODE 3570.

ACE, AMERICA’S CASH EXPRESS from anywhere in the United States. Deposit funds to an offender’s trust fund account for a service fee. For the nearest ACE location, call 1.866.734.2306 or visit their web site at

ECOMMDIRECT is the secure way to make a deposit in an offenders trust fund account.
1. Visit
2. Enter offender details
3. Add deposit amount to your cart
4. Check out using a Visa or MasterCard

TOUCHPAY PAYMENT SYSTEMS provides convenient ways to get money to your loved ones with service fees starting low, including:
1. Online:
2. Telephone (toll-free): 1.877.868.5358
MasterCard and Visa credit/debit cards are accepted, as well as MoneyPak, which is a remote cash option available at retailers
nationwide. Visit:” for details and locations.

WESTERN UNION CONVENIENCE PAY offered at select locations within the state of Texas. Send up to $200 to an offender’s trust fund account for a service fee. Call 1.800.354.0005 to find a Convenience Pay agent location. Retail locations include Kroger, HEB, Minyard’s, Sack ‘n Save, Carnival and selected Western Union agent locations. *I am sure you will need their TDC number to do this so be sure to have it.

WESTERN UNION QUICK COLLECT from anywhere in the United States. All three Quick Collect products are subject to different fees, send amounts, and other restrictions in certain states. Standard fee for over-the-counter Quick Collect transaction at a Western Union location. Deposit will post to offender’s account within 24 hours.
1. Western Union at 1.800.325.6000, or visit to find the nearest Western Union location
2. Telephone (toll-free): 1.800.634.3422, press 2 to send Q/C payment for credit card transactions.
3. Web transactions: visit for online transactions.
For each Quick Collect transaction the following information must be provided:
Pay to: TDCJ – Inmate Trust Fund
Code City and State: TDCJ/TX
Account number with Facility: Inmate’s TDCJ number and inmate’s last name
Attention: Inmate’s last name and inmate’s first name
Note: Sender’s name and address are required when making a deposit to an offender’s account.